Going to the Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board? If so, we’d love to see you there! Here’s what the Urbanism Next team will be presenting on during the meeting and when to find them. Hope to see you in D.C.
Sunday, Jan. 13
- 9 AM – 12PM Workshop, Cross-Subsidization for a Smart, Sustainable, and Equitable Future: Exploration of Opportunities and Constraints – Rebecca Lewis will present on “Transportation Revenue Impacts of New Mobility and Innovative Solutions.”
- 12:30 – 4:30PM Workshop, Preparing for Mobility Futures: The Impact of Connected and Automated Vehicle Technology on Transportation Demand Management – Nico Larco will participate in a panel discussion on mobility futures.
Monday, Jan. 14
- 8 – 9:45AM, Revenue and Finance Research Subcommitee Meeting – Rebecca Lewis will present on the “Impacts of AVs on Local Transportation Budgets.”
- 8 – 9:45AM, Poster Session, Operational Considerations for Shared Mobility – Anne Brown will present on “Redefining Car Access: Ridehail Travel and Use in Los Angeles.”
- 8AM – 12PM, Technology Transfer Committee Meeting, An EPIC Way to Move Transit into the Future: TriMet and the University of Oregon’s Sustainable City Year Program – Marc Schlossberg will present on the University of Oregon’s Sustainable City Year Program.
- 10:15 – 12PM, Lectern Session, Ridesourcing and Transportation Network Companies and Taxis: Demographics, Use, and Partnerships – Anne Brown will present on the “Prevalence and Mechanisms of Discrimination: Evidence from the Ridehail and Taxi Industries.”
- 3:45 – 5:30PM, Lectern Session, Changing Landscape and Current Issues of Transportation Revenues – Anne Brown will present on “Voting for Transport: Analyzing Voter Support for Local Option Sales Taxes for Transportation” with Jaimee Lederman, Brian Taylor, and Martin Wachs (UCLA).
Tuesday, Jan. 15
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM, Library of Congress – Rebecca Lewis and Nico Larco will present at the Transportation Stakeholders Meeting hosted by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) and Rep. Rodney Davis (R-IL). [This is a closed event.]
- 10:15 – 12PM, Lectern Session, Sharing and Gender Effects: Trips, Spaces, and Vehicles – Anne Brown will present “Who’s in the Driver’s Seat? Gender and the Division of Car Use in Auto Deficit Households” with Evelyn Blumenberg and Andrew Schouten (UCLA).
- 10:15 – 12PM, Poster Session, Emerging Research on Social and Economic Factors – Anne Brown will present on “Car-Deficit Households: Determinants and Implications for Household Travel,” also with Evelyn Blumenberg and Andrew Schouten (UCLA).
Wednesday, Jan. 16
- 10:15 – 12PM, Poster Session, Bicycle Transportation Research – Marc Schlossberg will present “Rethinking Streets for People on Bikes: An Evidence-Based, Visual Guide of Completed Street Retrofits.”
- 2:30 PM – 4:00PM, Poster Session, Funding and Financing Surface Transportation: What Will the Future Bring – Rebecca Lewis will present on the “Impacts of Autonomous Vehicles on Local Transportation Budgets.”